“If your presence doesn’t make an impact, your absence won’t make a difference.”
This quote reminded me of my Godfather’s home going celebration. Rev. Carl F. Brinkley had been a part of my life since birth, supporting me through all stages of my life and comforting me when both of my parents passed. As I listened to individuals from different parts of his life, pay tribute to him and attest to the significant impact that he had made on their lives and others, I recognized that my Godfather had left me with 10 B.E.S.T. Life Lessons.
- Let your faith inform your work
- Spend more time caring about others than focusing on self
- Know when to bring peace to the table
- Don’t accept no; continue to look for the possibilities
- Regardless of the circumstance, continue to fight on
- Be a trail blazer
- Don’t just talk, act
- Remember to think about what you say, to whom, when
- Love community and people
- Make sure you have the right temperament for the right time
Thanks Godfather for continuing to make a difference!